by Dr. Regina Campbell
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” Jim Rohn
Today many have or currently serve in the role of caretaker. Caretakers are compassionate, caring, and comforting to those they take care of. I want to encourage you in the aspect of your personal health. When you are a caretaker for an extensive time you have to focus on taking care of your health because your health can decline from the constant pouring out of your time, energy and support of giving care. Being a caretaker is an act of love and sacrifice. Yet don’t feel guilty when you feel like you need to take a break or do something for yourself. As a caretaker your personal health is imperative thus put your health at the top of the list. Also being a caretaker is an effort of a supporting cast thus you can’t do it alone.
Here are some tips to ensure that you are taking care of your health.
- Laugh about something every day.
- Take care of yourself physically.
- Eat a well-balanced diet.
- Talk with someone when you need to.
- Ask for assistance…family or friend.
- Give yourself permission to have a good cry if you need to.
- Get adequate rest.
- Treat yourself from time to time.